- What accessibility and parking options are available?
- What baby facilities are there?
- Are there any bus services?
- Are there any cash machines nearby?
- What catering is available?
- Is there any disabled access?
- Can I bring dogs in to the show?
- What should I do if there is an emergency?
- Where can I find First Aid?
- Can I use my hearing loop?
- What if I need information on site?
- Where should I go if my child is lost?
- Can I leave my luggage anywhere?
- What are the opening times?
- Can I smoke at the show?
- Are there any toilets on site?
- Can I travel by train?
- Do you recycle waste?
- Why should I be at the show as a Trader?
- How secure is the payment system?
- What are the benefits of membership?
- What are the advance ticket prices?
- Can I order by phone?
- Are group bookings available?
- Can I use my order confirmation to get in to the show?
- I’ve lost my ticket. What should I do?
- When will I receive my tickets?
- Where is my programme? I ordered it with my tickets
- Which days are my tickets valid for?
- What times does the show start and finish?
- Why have you charged me postage?
Accessibility and Parking
Assistance dogs: Assistance dogs only are welcomed in all areas. Please note that no other dogs are allowed on the Showground.
Personal Assistant/Carer: The Shropshire Horticultural Society does not discriminate against visitors with disabilities; therefore, whilst they will be charged the full admission rate if they have full-time personal assistant/carer or attendant this person will be admitted free of charge to the Show. Bona-fide named personal assistant/carer accompanying a disabled person will be given free entry on production of the appropriate evidence, which should be presented at the entrance gate. If in doubt please contact the Office ahead of your visit on 01743 234050.
Car parking for the disabled is available at Frankwell Car Park, from where a disability shuttle service will operate to and from the main entrance of the showground. This service will be available between the hours of 9.30am and 7.30pm. Drivers should follow the AA road signs for Shrewsbury Flower Show – COACH PARKING please notify the car park attendant as your arrive.
The Shrewsbury Flower Show operates car parks at Frankwell, Burrs Field and the Agricultural Showground. To guide you to the nearest car park with spaces, follow the yellow AA Road Signs for the Shrewsbury Flower Show. A Shuttle bus service operates from the Agricultural Showground. There are also several town centre car parks run by the local council. To find out more information go to Shropshire.gov.uk/parking.
Please Note – There is no parking within the showground.
Baby changing facilities are available in the St John Ambulance area and also in the toilet areas in the Member’s complex and those adjacent to the Craft Marquee and Hercules Statue (at the bottom of Gloucester Avenue).
Baby feeding is welcome across the showground but should parents prefer privacy, the St John Ambulance area is available.
National Express operate coaches into many of the towns in Shropshire, please telephone 08705 808080. Severn Dee Travel provides detailed information and assistance on travelling within Shropshire, telephone 01691 681010. Shrewsbury Bus Station is located 0.6 of a mile to the North of the Show Ground – a short walk away through the Town. Also, Shrewsbury Park and Ride and Show Shuttle Buses drop off passengers on the West side of the Show Ground close to the Main Gate, Port Hill Gate and the Welsh Bridge Gate.
There are no cash machines on the Show Ground; however, the normal high street banks and building societies have branches located within 0.2 to 0.4 of a mile North of the Main Entrance Gates.
Catering outlets, offering a wide and varied choice of food, are available throughout the showground.
Toilets for disabled are available at Welsh Bridge, Kingsland Bridge entrances and by the Hercules Statue – at the bottom of Gloucester Avenue – and in the Member’s Area.
To reserve an electric scooter or manual wheelchair either print out an advance booking form from our website www.eventmobility.org.uk or contact the office on 01386 725391 to request a form to be posted to you
(Please note: Event Mobility is also present at a number of other events. For further information please visit their web site, email or contact their office on 01386 725391).
Only assistance dogs are allowed into the Showground.
In the event of an Emergency you will be directed by broadcasts, security staff and stewards of what to do.
The First Aid Tent, staffed by St John Ambulance, is located at the river-side at the bottom of Gloucester Avenue.
There will be hearing loops installed in both the Foodhall and the Lecture Marquee to enable visitors to the show who have a hearing aid to link up to the system, therefore, making both areas hearing impaired friendly. Hearing Loops provided by Signal.
Any steward or show maker should be able to provide an answer most questions concerning the Show; however, if you are unable to get the response required the Secretary’s Tent which is located just inside the Main Entrance – between the Entrance and Members.
For Lost Children please contact Security, which is located at the top of the Show Ground by the Sponsors’ Marquee.
Left luggage facilities are available to members at the rear of the Members Area and for others behind Quarry Marquee.
The Gates open at 8.30am each day for Members and at 10.00am each day for non Members.
The Marquees will be open from 9.00am for members and 10.00am for non members. Please note Quarry Marquee will close at 8.00pm on Friday, Dingle and Severn Marquees at 9.00pm. On Saturday all Marquees will close at 6.00pm.
The Craft and Foodhall will trade from 9:00am to 8:00pm on Friday and 7:00pm on Saturday.
Smoking is not allowed in any marquee, tent or any enclosed space, within the Show Ground.
Toilets are strategically positioned around the Show Ground – just ask a steward. Toilets for disabled are available at Welsh Bridge, Kingsland Bridge entrances and by the Hercules Statue – at the bottom of Gloucester Avenue – and in Members’ and Sponsors’.
Shrewsbury is linked by a regular main line rail service. For rail timetables, please visit the National Rail Website or phone 08457 48 49 50.
Shrewsbury Railway Station is located 0.7 of a mile to the North of the Show Ground – a short walk away through the Town.
The Shropshire Horticultural Society is increasingly aware of green issues; accordingly, the Flower Show is committed to employing contractors who recycle as much waste as is practical.
Trader Facilities – Why should I be at the Shrewsbury Flower Show?
The Worlds longest running Horticultural Show.
Well over 30,000 visitors across 32 acres in our idyllic riverside setting.
Over 300 traders at our 2016 Show.
Pitch Prices from £20 per square metre.
Sites of various sizes with some covered units available.
Electricity available at many locations.
Exhibitor’s Car Parking and facilities including showers.
Free listing in programme and on website.
On site toilets for Traders, which are located behind the Craft Marquee and to the rear of the Member’s Area.
How secure is the payment system
We now have an electronic ticket (commonly abbreviated as e-ticket) system which is a digital ticket; it is printed by you at the time of purchase (similar to airline tickets). Your transaction is processed via our agent through the payment gateway with SagePay. Every transaction is encrypted to the highest global standards and all sensitive data is secured beyond the levels demanded by the payments authorities and card schemes.
SagePay systems are audited annually to ensure Level 1 – the highest level – compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
Please note that all tickets are non-refundable.
For your convenience you may copy your e-ticket if you wish; however, the first time any copy is used for Show entry this is registered digitally and all other copies are automatically cancelled and so will not permit entry.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Admittance to the show on both days from 8:30 am and access to the Marquees from 9:00am (general public not admitted until 10:00am)
- Free hot beverage within the Members’ Enclosure before 10:00am
- Free Show programme (one per individual for life membership, one per household for double membership)
- Exclusive preview of the main Floral Marquee and Quarry Marquee the evening before the show
- Exclusive use of the lounge/bar & restaurant in the Members’ Marquee
- Restaurant with raised flooring providing fine views across the show ground
- Enclosed outside seating area with great views to the arena
- An invitation to attend members events during the year as notified by Quarry Lodge
- AGM held in February each year and includes canapés and wine reception
What are the advance ticket prices of the 2017 show?
|Gate Price (from 10am)||£28.00||£26.00|
|Gate Price (from 2pm)||£23.00||£21.00|
|Gate Price (from 6pm)||£15.00||£15.00|
General terms were as follows:
- Advanced tickets cannot be ordered after midnight on Thursday 10 August 2017
- Tickets are valid for either but not both show days
- Entry only on production of a valid, numbered ticket or e-ticket. Order Confirmation is not accepted. Please see below if you have lost/mislaid/not received your tickets
- Children aged under 15 years and accompanied by an adult are allowed free entry
- Children accompanying a member within the Members’ Enclosure will need to purchase a childrens membership
- Unaccompanied children 13 to under 18 years of age can purchase entry on the gate on the day for £10
- Ticket entry from 10am on day of show
- Re-entry to show only with official hand-stamp (stamped on exit)
I’d like to order by phone
Simply call 01743 234058 – Credit Card Bookings, our telesales team will be happy to take your order.
Tickets if ordered and paid for by the 15th July are being offered to Groups at a discounted rate of £19. To order your tickets please download and complete the booking form or call us on 01743 234058. The Group Booking Form is available to download online by visiting www.shrewsburyflowershow.org.uk
Can I use my order confirmation to get into the show
Entry to the show is by numbered ticket or e-ticket only. If you have mislaid your tickets or they have not arrived, please contact us.
Help – my ticket is lost!
Don’t panic. You can let us know via email, by completing our online enquiry form on the contact us tab above or by calling us on 01743 234058. Please quote your order number to enable us to deal with your enquiry efficiently.
When will I get my tickets?
If you have problems obtaining or printing your tickets please call on 01743 234058.
Where is my programme – I ordered it with my tickets
If you ordered tickets your programme will be sent to you as soon as it is published. This is usually around the 1st August to ensure that the content is as up-to-date and accurate as possible.
Membership packs include a free programme voucher, you can either exchange this on show day or in advance from the Flower Show Office which is located at the main entrance of The Quarry. Please call us on 01743 234050 and we will be able to advise when they will be available for collection.
Which days are my tickets valid for?
Your ticket is valid for either, but not both, show days. It will be collected on your entry to the show.
If you have purchased Membership you are entitled to entry on both days of the show.
What times does the show start and finish?
Gates open at 8.30am for Members and 10am for day ticket holders.
Home & Craft Marquee and Foodhall close at 8pm
Floral Marquees close at 9pm
Show closes at 10pm
Gates open at 8.30am for Members and 10am for day ticket holders.
Home & Craft Marquee and Foodhall close at 7pm
Floral marquees close at 6pm
Show closes at 10pm
Why have you charged me postage?
If you have ordered an Official Programme at £3 you will be charged £1 postage and packing (total £4).
Delivery of tickets to a non UK address will also incur postage costs. Programmes will not be sent to non UK addresses due to the time taken.