- Traveling to the show (official travel plan)
- For parking for the show, there are three sites located at Oxon (West Shrewsbury – Postcode SY3 5AD), Meole Brace (South-East Shrewsbury – Postcode SY3 9NB) and Harlescott (North Shrewsbury – Postcode SY1 4AP) Please follow the AA road signs to these sites where Blue Badge parking is also available. Customers can then access Shrewsbury Park & Ride services that use low floor, accessible vehicles and operate every 12 minutes throughout the day on the Friday and Saturday of the show. Buses will drop passengers off close to the eastern side of the ground, then it’s a short walk to the entrances at the Main Gate or Welsh Bridge Gate. Return services are available throughout the day. More information relating to the Shrewsbury Park & Ride including ticket information can be found here.
- After the fireworks (22:15 approx.) - Park & Ride services will collect passengers from designated terminus points for a return journey to your chosen Park and Ride site. Oxon terminus is at Claremont Hill (near St. Austin Friars junction), Meole Brace terminus is at Barker Street (outside Lunt’s Pharmacy) and Harlescott terminus is at Bellstone (outside The Wrekin Housing Trust). Local Arriva bus services 24 (Sundorne), 11 (Gains Park), 27 (Bayston Hill & Meole Brace) and 1 (Monkmoor), will be providing services from designated terminus points along Claremont Street (Market Hall), after the fireworks to return passengers home.
- Local Bus Services are available from across Shropshire into Shrewsbury Bus Station (15/20 minutes’ walk). For details of services operating into Shrewsbury and how to plan your journey using local bus services in the area please visit www.traveline.info. For services available after the fireworks please see above.
- National Express offers cross-country coach travel into Shrewsbury and information and tickets can be booked directly with them, please visit www.nationalexpress.com.
- Rail - There are a number of rail services operating to Shrewsbury Railway Station (20 minutes’ walk) from across the Midlands and beyond. Services are operated by Transport for Wales, West Midlands Railway and Avanti West Coast. To plan your journey or book tickets please search National Rail Enquiries website www.nationalrail.co.uk. National Rail also lists important information such as accessibility at Shrewsbury Station and helpful information to plan your onwards travel.
- Coach Operators – Please make contact with firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange parking on the day of your visit.
How can I travel to the Show
Is there any disabled access?
Disabled viewing is available for the Main Arena. Limited space is available and it is not possible to guarantee access to this area at times of high demand. We therefore ask for your co-operation when using the facility and that at busy times, use is restricted to the disabled visitor and their immediate carer only.
Can I book a wheelchair from you?Mobility equipment can be hired in advance of the Show
Name of Company is: Advanced Mobility
Phone number: 01274 568131
Website address: www.advanced-mobility.co.uk
Can I bring dogs in to the Show?
Only assistance dogs are allowed into the Showground.
Are group bookings available?
Are there any additional security measures?
We have introduced a number of security measures, which will remain under review. We will be carrying out random bag searches throughout the event; so the fewer items everyone brings along with them the better. We also reserve the right to refuse admission to the event.
Are there any cash machines nearby?
Cash machine facilities are available within the Showground and are located at the top of the trade stands area, just by Food Court 5.
Are there any toilets on site?
Toilets are strategically positioned around the Show Ground - just ask a steward.
Can I bring my Bicycle?
Bicycles and scooters are not allowed on to the Showground during the two days of the Show.
Can I Fly my Drone over the Show Ground?
The operation of any unauthorised drone within and over the Quarry Park during the two show days is prohibited.
Can I leave my luggage anywhere?
Left luggage facilities are available next to the Plant Creche adjacent to Quarry Marquee. Members of the Society may also use the facility free of charge on production of a valid Members badge. The facility will open at 08.30 hours, all items deposited must be collected by 19.00 hours.
Can I order by phone?
Can I smoke at the show?
Smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not allowed in any marquee, tent or any enclosed space, within the Show Ground.
Can I use my hearing loop?
There will be hearing loops installed in both the Foodhall and the Lecture Marquee to enable visitors to the show who have a hearing aid to link up to the system, therefore, making both areas hearing impaired friendly. Hearing Loops provided by Signal.
Can I use my order confirmation to get in to the show?
Do you recycle waste?
The Shropshire Horticultural Society is increasingly aware of green issues. Accordingly, for 2018 the waste management contract has been awarded to Zero Waste, a not-for-profit organisation who have an excellent reputation having worked for various other prestigious events including the Hay Festival, the Llangollen Eisteddfod, the Shrewsbury Folk festival, RAF Museum Cosford and others. They will provide a team to be onsite throughout the show to pro-actively manage the waste generated to ensure that as much as possible is re-cycled. They will be working directly with traders, exhibitors, food vendors etc. to facilitate the segregation and handling of their waste.
For the general public Zero Waste will provide numerous bins around the Showground to allow rubbish to be segregated at the point of disposal and they will be pro-active in trying to minimise the waste left on the ground in the spectator area each evening by providing waste bags for picnickers to use.
Therefore, the co-operation of all those attending the Show to work with Zero Waste to maximise their efforts would be much appreciated.
How secure is the payment system?
We now have an electronic ticket (commonly abbreviated as e-ticket) system which is a digital ticket; it is printed by you at the time of purchase (similar to airline tickets). Your transaction is processed via our agent through the payment gateway with SagePay. Every transaction is encrypted to the highest global standards and all sensitive data is secured beyond the levels demanded by the payments authorities and card schemes.
SagePay systems are audited annually to ensure Level 1 – the highest level – compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS).
Please note that all tickets are non-refundable.
For your convenience you may copy your e-ticket if you wish; however, the first time any copy is used for Show entry this is registered digitally and all other copies are automatically cancelled and so will not permit entry.
I’ve lost my ticket. What should I do?
Don’t panic. You can let us know via email, by completing our online enquiry form on the contact us tab above or by calling us on 01743 234058. Please quote your order number to enable us to deal with your enquiry efficiently.
What are the advance ticket prices?
Advance ticket prices for the 2023 show ended on 31 May.
Ticket prices from 1 June are: £25
Gate Price (on both days from 10am): Adult £25.00
The standard terms of ticket sale are as follows:
- You can buy tickets ahead of the show days until Thursday 10th August 2023.
- Tickets are valid for the day you have selected and not either show days.
- Entry only on production of a valid, numbered ticket or e-ticket. Order Confirmation is not accepted, please remember to download your ticket(s). Please see below if you have lost/mislaid/not received your tickets
Children aged under 15 years and accompanied by an adult are allowed free entry.
- Children accompanying a member within the Members’ Enclosure will need to purchase a children’s membership.
- Ticket entry from 10am on day of show.
What are the benefits of membership?
- Admittance to the show on both days from 8:30 am and access to the Marquees from 9:00am (general public not admitted until 10:00am).
- Exclusive preview of the main Floral Marquee and Quarry Marquee the evening before the show
- Exclusive use of the bar, buffet & restaurant in the Members’ Marquee (booking details for lunch in the restaurant are to follow)
- Restaurant providing views across the show ground.
- Enclosed outside seating area with great views to the arena.
- An invitation to attend members events, which may be arranged, during the year as notified by Quarry Lodge.
- AGM held in February each year.
What are the dates for the 2023 Show?
This year, the Show will be held on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th August, 2023.
What are the opening times?
The Gates open at 8.30am each day for Members and at 10.00am each day for non Members.
The Marquees will be open from 9.00am for members and 10.00am for non members. Please note Quarry Marquee will close at 8.00pm on Friday, Dingle and Severn Marquees at 9.00pm. On Saturday all Marquees will close at 6.00pm.
The Craft and Foodhall will trade from 9:00am to 8:00pm on Friday and 7:00pm on Saturday.
What baby facilities are there?
Baby changing facilities are available in the St John Ambulance area and also in the toilet areas in the Member’s complex and those adjacent to the Craft Marquee and Hercules Statue (at the bottom of Gloucester Avenue).
Baby feeding is welcome across the showground but should parents prefer privacy, the St John Ambulance area is available.
What catering is available?
Catering outlets, offering a wide and varied choice of food, are available throughout the showground.
What if I need information on site?
Any steward should be able to provide an answer most questions concerning the Show; however, if you are unable to get the response required please go to the Secretary’s Tent which is located just inside the Main Entrance – between the Entrance and Members. Here you will find a member of the office team who will be able to assist.
What should I do if there is an emergency?
In the event of an Emergency you will be directed by broadcasts, security staff and stewards of what to do.
What times does the show start and finish?
Friday 11th August:
Gates open at 8.30am for Members and 10am for day ticket holders.
Home & Craft Marquee and Foodhall close at 8pm.
Floral Marquees close at 9pm.
Show closes at 10pm.
Saturday 12th August:
Gates open at 8.30am for Members and 10am for day ticket holders.
Home & Craft Marquee and Foodhall close at 7pm.
Floral marquees close at 6pm.
Show closes at 10pm.
When will I receive my tickets?
Where can I find First Aid?
The First Aid Tent, staffed by St John Ambulance, is located at the river-side at the bottom of Gloucester Avenue.
How do I access the free pamphlet?
Free pamphlets will be available on the show ground, or can be collected the week before the show. This pamphlet will also be downloadable from the website.
Where should I go if my child is lost?
For Lost Children please contact Show Control, which is located at the top of the Show Ground by the Members’ Marquee.
Children's wristbands are available from all Gates so that parents/guardians can write their emergency contact number for their child should they become separated. In the event that Show Control receive notification that a child is missing, all gates and access points to the showground are immediately sealed and no-one is permitted to enter or leave until the child is found.
Which days are my tickets valid for?
Your ticket is valid for either, but not both, show days. It will be collected on your entry to the show.
If you have purchased Membership you are entitled to entry on both days of the show.
Why have you charged me postage?
Delivery of tickets to a non UK address will also incur postage costs.
Why should I be at the show as a Trader?
- The Worlds longest running Horticultural Show.
- Well over 20,000 visitors across 32 acres in our idyllic riverside setting.
- Over 300 traders at our 2017 Show.
- Sites of various sizes with some covered units available.
- Electricity available at many locations.
- Exhibitor’s Car Parking and facilities including showers.
- Free listing on website.
- On site toilets for Traders, which are located behind the Craft Marquee and to the rear of the Member’s Area.